Overnight Camping Info for October 23 & 24th...
While MAPLE STORM VI is not a camping event, we recognize that players may be driving long distances to attend and so want to make thangs a little easier for y’all.
Overnight camping WILL be available, at no extra charge, for players who wish to spend the night before playing – Friday and Saturday nights.
We ask that you respect the following rules and Clarington Woods itself at all times; players who are disruptive will be asked to leave the grounds and will lose their spot on the MSVI Roster.
The camping area will open for players at 6pm on Friday.
This will allow for everyone to quickly set up their tents/sleeping areas before nightfall. Camping spots are not reserved and it will be first come, first serve. We will have an area set up for campers to check-in and find out where they can pitch their tent. The weather will be cold overnight; please pack accordingly for warmth and comfort. The large, heated tent can be opened up for players if weather conditions become intolerable.
A large bonfire will be set up and supervised by Clarington Woods Airsoft Park staff so that people may gather to stay warm and if you’ve brought marshmallows, roast yourself something to eat. The fire will be shut down at 11pm, extinguished thoroughly and safely.
Hot food, snacks and drinks will be available to players at both the Snack Attack Shack and during posted times at the MRE Café for BBQ’d meals. Debit and credit cards are accepted throughout the park, please try to use tap on our mobile debit machine to avoid cash-handling during these COVID times.
We ask that players continue to physically distance while camping, make liberal use of hand sanitizer and follow all COVID19 safety protocols to keep yourself, and everyone around you, healthy.
Please use all garbage cans for waste disposal – let’s not make a mess of Clarington Woods!
Security will be present throughout the weekend and will be patrolling overnight as well. Overnight campers are not to wander throughout the woods and players found far from the camping area will be asked to leave the grounds, forfeiting their right to play in MSVI. Due to safety protocols, liability and insurance concerns for the equipment, pyrotechnics and machinery behind MSVI, security will be taken very serious – please don’t do anything stupid and ruin it for your teammates and fellow players. Alcohol, drugs, or any airsoft firearm use in the camping area will result in player removal & play forfeit.
Clarington Woods Airsoft Park cannot be held responsible for any theft or damage which occurs while you are at the park, or overnight camping. All players are asked to use smart practices: don’t leave valuables unattended, lock up what you can and if only camping the night before your match, consider packing and locking up your camping gear before your match starts in the morning. Again, we cannot be held responsible and security will be focused on the match at hand during game play, they will not be patrolling the camping area.
Have fun, stay safe and get a good rest – we need you on the field, comrade!
Looking Out For Each Other
Because we find ourselves in the strange year of 2020, we’ve had to adjust some of our policies to protect players and staff from transmitting COVID19.
As a low-risk, outdoor activity airsoft provides opportunity for physical activity while also providing an invigorating escape from the ordinary world.
Please be certain to follow all signage and instructions at the park, maintain physical distancing, make liberal use of all hand sanitizer provided — and most importantly — IF YOU FEEL SICK, PLEASE DO NOT VISIT THE PARK! Contact your local health authority and isolate yourself to protect from spreading symptomatically.
You Asked For It... SECOND MAPLE STORM VI DATE ADDED!
Weekend Airsoft (Saturday & Sunday)
We are currently in the process of updating our rules and safety briefs online; here are some of the most important rules, as well as answers to frequently asked questions.
Safety Brief Outline:
- Rifles on safe
- No dry-firing in the safe area
- Players are not wearing eye protection
- All shooting can be done in the shooting range area or on-field
- Barrel covers on all rifles
- avoids accident discharge of firearm and BB
- Magazines out in the staging area
- avoids accidental discharge of BB
- Ensure you are cleaning up your staging area after games
- Ensure you are looking after your own belongings
ON-FIELD & IN-GAME
- all game briefs take place on the field
- barrel covers can come off
- avoid shooting in the direction of gathering players
- treat players with respect
- communicate effectively, not aggressively
- will be in game, in the action to better see how games are playing out
- will be in action to inform players of non-hit calling
RULES OF ENGAGEMENT:
- PLAYERS ARE EXPECTED TO BE WEARING FULL-SEAL GOGGLES WITH ANZI RATING
- WHERE DO WE FIND THIS RATING? INSIDE GOGGLES NEAR LENS)
- BALLISTIC GOGGLES ARE FINE
We recommend that all new players wearing goggles, wear lower face protection as well; this avoids potential mouth injuries – not required
- SNIPERS: 100-150ft from target
- SNIPERS WITH CERTIFICATION: further back at 300+ ft from target
- ALL OTHER PLAYERS: no minimum engagement distance
*AVOID SHOOTING PLAYERS POINT-BLANK; THIS CAN CAUSE SERIOUS INJURIES*
- NO BLIND-FIRING:
- Players must always be looking down their line of sight to aim at a target
- A player should never hold their gun above their head, under their legs, or around an object or corner without being behind the gun
- This is dangerous and creates dangerous play
- bb hit, bb kill.
- BEHIND AN OBJECT ON THE FIELD? YOU ARE SAFE!
- FULL-AUTO: is allowed
- MEELE WEAPONS: are not permitted (covid-19)
- DO NOT AIM FOR PEOPLES FACES:
- aim for a location they will feel, but one that will not hurt them
- do not shoot someone in a way you wouldn’t want to be shot
- CALL YOUR HITS!
- airsoft is an honour sport
- takes only one hit to kill you and send you back to respawn
- when in doubt call your hit – you may call a ricochet hit but at least it shows you do call it
- if you know it was a ricochet than you are fine to stay in game
- if someone isn’t calling their hits, but you get hit, you call it!
- see a ref if you believe another player is not playing honourably
- PLAYER DISPUTES WILL NOT BE TOLERATED
- see a ref if you have any issues with another player
Posted: September 23, 2020
After being on sale for only 4 days, MAPLE STORM VI tickets are all SOLD OUT!!!
Due to COVID restrictions, we are limited to a maximum of 100 people per event/outdoor gathering — we are currently working to find a solution which includes everyone who wasn’t able to get a ticket.
Nope, it’s not a waitlist.
But if it happens, it will be much, much better.
Stay tuned to Facebook and IG for updates and news!
A storm is a brewing...
Posted: September 17, 2020
Psssst…there’s a storm brewing on the horizon. Are you ready?? Tickets will be available starting tomorrow (Friday) on the Clarington Woods web site @ claringtonwoods.ca
More details will be released, including giveaways, prizes to be raffled, sponsorship, etc as the big day draws closer. Stay tuned and gather your gear…it’s gonna be a wild one!
Stay in Touch
Sign up to get updates and news about what’s happening at Clarington Woods Airsoft Park.